Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I make direct contact with the hotel?
You may email, call or fax the hotel.
Tel:+66 (0)2 251 5615-6
Fax: +66 (0)2 254 3870
- If I make an online booking, will I be offered a 'best rate'?
Online bookings generally offer the 'best available rates' for that date and time.
What types of rooms are available, and what are the differences between the room types?
Royal Express only has one room type Superior Studio
- Are your hotel rates per person or per room?
Hotel rates are per room based on a maximum occupancy of two.
- Are my credit card details necessary when making a reservation?
Yes, to guarantee the reservation.
- Will my credit card be charged?
We may block an amount on the credit card, equivalent to 1 night’s room charge to guarantee payment but this block will be automatically released in two weeks if not redeemed. Furthermore, we do not charge without proper authorisation from the guest. However, select packages may require full-prepayment at the time of booking but this will be made known at the time of making the reservation.
Guests can choose to settle the bill in cash or credit card at the time of check-out.
- How safe are credit card details that are submitted online?
Our hotel uses SSL secure encryption to ensure that all your personal information and credit card details are kept confidential. The security of information is very important for us.
For added security, guests are requested to present the credit card used in the online booking/purchase of accommodation together with personal identification (ID card or passport) upon check-in.
Should you not wish to submit your credit card information online, we are pleased to accept reservations via fax or phone. However, credit card information will still be required to guarantee the reservation.
- What is your cancellation policy?
In the event of a cancellation or no-show, the following will apply:
For stays of 1 to 7 nights
If the property is not informed 24-hours or more prior to date of arrival, a charge of one (1) room night’s accommodation will be levied on the credit card used to guarantee the reservation.
For stays of 8 to 14 nights
If the property is not informed 24-hours or more prior to date of arrival, a charge of two (2) room nights accommodation will be levied on the credit card used to guarantee the reservation.
For stays of 15 to 21 nights
If the property is not informed 24-hours or more prior to date of arrival, a charge of three (3) room nights accommodation will be levied on the credit card used to guarantee the reservation.
For stays of 22 nights and more
If the property is not informed 72-hours or more prior to date of arrival, a charge of five (5) room nights accommodation will be levied on the credit card used to guarantee the reservation.
- Do you have a pets' policy?
Regrettably, pets are not allowed.
- What are your check-in and check-out times?
Check-in time is 2.00 pm.
Check-out time is 12.00 noon.
- Is it possible to check-in early?
Early check-in is subject to room availability.
- What is the charge for a late check-out?
Late check-out is subject to room availability and the charges are as follows:
Check out before 6.00 pm: 50% charge (based on overnight rate)
Check out after 6.00 pm: Full overnight rate
- Do you have non-smoking rooms?
Yes, as Royal Express is a completely non-smoking hotel.
- Do you have twin, triple and quadruple rooms?
All rooms at Royal Express are fitted with king sized.
- Do you have inter-connecting rooms?
Regrettably, there are no inter-connecting rooms however, adjacent rooms are possible. Please advise us at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Does the hotel provide extra beds?
The hotel does not provide extra beds.
- What is the hotel's policy regarding children?
There is no charge for children below the age of 12 years sharing a room with parent(s) on existing bedding and children 12 years and above are charged the full adult
- Does the hotel provide baby-sitting services?
Regrettably, the hotel does not provide this service.
- Are baby cots available?
The hotel does not provide baby cots.
- Where is breakfast served and at what time?
There is no breakfast provided in Royal Express however there are plenty of restaurants that open in surrounding of the hotel.
- Do you have hairdryers in the rooms?
No it does not.
- Does the hotel provide iron and ironing boards in all rooms?
No it does not.
- How far is the hotel from the airport and do you provide airport transfers? And if so, what is the cost?
The hotel is a 35-40-minute drive from Suvarnabhumi International Airport. Regardless we do not provide airport transfer however you can take an airport taxi is approximately THB 400-500 nett per way including toll charges.
- Can luggage be stored at the hotel whilst I travel elsewhere?
Yes, for a maximum of 30 days.
- What is the weather like at different times of the year?
Bangkok being a tropical city, weather is warm throughout the year with April and May being especially hot and sticky. June to September are cooler months (24-28c), however, it is the rainy season. The most pleasant time of year is October to February, where temperatures range from 25-28c with light breezes and only the occasional shower.
- Is the tap water safe to drink?
Tap water in Thailand is not potable. Complimentary bottled water is supplied to your rooms daily.
- Is there a doctor on call?
Yes, for minor illnesses, otherwise, for urgent matters we recommend guests go to Bumrungrad Hospital which is just 5 minutes away
- How far is the nearest hospital?
Bumrungrad Hospital is a 5 minute drive from the hotel.
- Where is the nearest bank or currency exchange?
In front of the soi at the left side there is Siam Commercial Bank currency exchange booth is two doors along to the left.
- What time do banks open?
8.30 am - 3.30 pm, Monday to Friday
- What voltage is used in Thailand?
The voltage in Thailand is 220 volts.
Shopping and Tourist Facilities
- How far is the hotel from the Skytrain and MRT?
It is a minute waking distance from hotel to Nana BTS Sky Train station. Sukhumvit MRT is one stop to Asok inter-change station by skytrain.
- Are there shopping centres nearby?
Within walking distance is the Robinson Department Store, otherwise, the nearest shopping centers (Central Chitlom, Central World, Erawan to name a few) are 2 stops from the Nana BTS Skytrain Station and the Emporium Shopping Center is 2 stops in the other direction.
- How far is the hotel from entertainment spots?
Soi8 Pub & Restaurant, Viva Monsoon, We 4 U Pub, Det.5 Pub are not more than a 5 minute walk away.
- Do you have a tour desk?
No we do not, however, our Front Desk staff will be more than happy to help you with any queries you may have or assist you with any arrangements you may wish to make.
- What and where are local tourist attractions?
Tourist attractions are plentiful, please contact the Front Desk for more information.